No vessel currently occupying the small dry dock
GLADYS currently occupies the large dry dock
The small dry dock was built in 1818 which was 5 years after the dock basin had been finished, but 10 years before the Gloucester & Sharpness Ship Canal was opened.
The original size of the dry dock was 100' x 34' and 10' deep, but in 1837 was enlarged to a length of 120'.
During the heyday of this period several Severn Trows were built here.
Built to accommodate larger ships.
The large dry dock was built in 1853.
Sunday 31st May 2020
Gloucester Shipyard is operated by
TOMMI NIELSEN & COMPANY
Traditional Shipbuilders & Riggers
Tommi Nielsen’s website
Photomarine . Sharpness Shipping . Links . Gloucester Shipyard